In May 1943 Reverend J. W. Allen, his wife Ruth and their two children loaded their belongings into a borrowed truck and came to Farmington to start an Assemblies of God church.
They set up a tent in July where services were conducted until fall. A lot was purchased at First and Franklin St. August 23, 1943. Services were then held in homes as the weather cooled.
During World War two lumber was scarce. A basement was built at the new location using mostly used lumber.
On December 5, 1943 the first services were held in the basement with 18 present.
Over the next 25 years the church had three more building programs under Reverend Allen's direction.
Following Reverend Allen's retirement in early 1969, Reverend Hugh Cerutti, was elected as Senior pastor. He and his wife Mildred along with their five children, Lennice Marie, Lemora, David, Paula, and Mark, arrived in Farmington March 29, 1969.
During the years since that time the church has purchased property at 1803 N. Washington St. A new worship facility of over 19,000 sq. ft. was dedicated November 19, 1978 where the church currently worships.
An associate pastor, Joseph Kochis came to serve the church in 1993.
Hugh Cerutti retired, as Senior Pastor, August 21, 2007 after 38 years as Senior Pastor.
At that time Reverend Joseph Kochis was named Interim Pastor and Shirley Gravett was placed on staff.
Reverend C. Kevin Davis was elected Senior pastor November 18, 2007. Pastor Davis, his wife Melissa, two sons Adam and Jordan, and one daughter Ashlyn arrived in Farmington, to assume the pastorate of the church, the 23rd of December 2007.
Associate pastor, Joseph Kochis retired July of 2011.